Gypsy & Traveller Sites - Billington
Decision Maker: EXECUTIVE
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report proposes a long term resolution to address a range of issues on the Greenacres and The Stables Gypsy and Traveller sites in Billington.
1. That the start of formal public consultation on the recommended proposal be approved to:
· acquire both Greenacres and The Stables Gypsy and Traveller sites, using a Compulsory Purchase Order, if required;
· acquire land, as close to the current site as possible, to build a new Council owned and managed Gypsy and Traveller site;
· dismantle the existing sites and apply for change of use on completion of a new site;
and alternative proposals.
2. That a report be submitted to a future meeting of the Executive advising of the outcome of the consultation and making recommendations about the future of the Greenacres and The Stables Gypsy and Traveller sites.
Report author: Jeanette Keyte
Publication date: 03/08/2017
Date of decision: 01/08/2017
Decided at meeting: 01/08/2017 - EXECUTIVE
Effective from: 11/08/2017