Gypsy & Traveller Site - Billington Consultation
Decision Maker: EXECUTIVE
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Report on the outcomes of consultation and seek agreement for next steps.
1. That the results from the consultation be noted.
2. To authorise the Director of Community Services to continue to co-ordinate robust action under planning, licensing, environmental health, community safety, housing and other relevant powers to bring the sites up to the following standards:
· Compliant with planning and licensing regulations
· Safe and well maintained
· Well managed and accessible to the authorities.
3. That in the event that resolution 2 (above) does not bring the sites up to standard, Officers will bring a recommendation to the Executive, to acquire Greenacres and The Stables using a Compulsory Purchase Order.
4. That the estimated costs of £9m be included in the Council’s Medium Term Financial Plan, to fund the Council’s original proposal to acquire the site and build a new Council owned and managed facility.
Report author: Jeanette Keyte
Publication date: 07/12/2017
Date of decision: 05/12/2017
Decided at meeting: 05/12/2017 - EXECUTIVE
Effective from: 15/12/2017
- Gypsy & Traveller Site - Billington Consultation PDF 43 KB
- Appendix A - Billington consultation document PDF 354 KB
- Appendix B - Consultation Questionnaire PDF 225 KB
- Appendix C - Greenacres & The Stables Consultation Report PDF 528 KB
- Appendix D - Billington Gypsy and Traveller Equality Impact Assessment PDF 597 KB
- Replacement Map - Appendix A to the Greenacres & The Stables Consultation Report PDF 120 KB