Central Area Growth Board
Decision Maker: EXECUTIVE
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To approve Central Bedfordshire Council becoming a member of the Oxford to Cambridge Growth Corridor Central Area Growth Board (CAGB), adopting the Terms of Reference and agreeing to associated revenue contribution of £5k.
1. That the significance of the National Infrastructure Commission and Government focus on the Cambridge – Milton Keynes – Oxford Corridor be noted.
2. That an associated contribution of £5k of ongoing revenue to support the work of the Central Area Growth Board be approved.
RECOMMENDED to Council
1. That Central Bedfordshire Council become a full member of the Central Area Growth Board by adopting the Terms of Reference, as set out in Appendix A to the Executive report.
2. That the creation of the Central Area Growth Board as a joint committee under section 101(5), 102 Local Government Act 1972 and section 9EB of the Local Government Act 2000 and pursuant (where applicable) to the Local Authorities (Arrangement for the Discharge of Functions) (England) Regulations 2012 be approved.
3. That the additions to the Constitution, as set out in Appendix B to the Executive report, be approved.
4. That the Executive Member for Regeneration be appointed as the Council’s representative on the Central Area Growth Board.
Report author: Anna Bosworth
Publication date: 09/08/2018
Date of decision: 07/08/2018
Decided at meeting: 07/08/2018 - EXECUTIVE