Budget for the Housing Revenue Account (Landlord Business Plan)
Decision Maker: EXECUTIVE
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report sets out the Final Housing Revenue Account (HRA) Landlord Business Plan Budget for 2018/19, with proposals that respond to legislative changes; make best use of the investment potential; account for the rent reduction; and align to the debt strategy in the context of long term Business Planning.
1. To note the HRA’s debt portfolio and interest payments due in 2017/18.
2. That a principal debt repayment of £0.1M in 2017/18, with the intention to continue annual repayments of the Self Financing Debt, be approved.
RECOMMENDED to Council
1. That the recent legislative changes relating to Housing Finance and their impact on the Landlord Business Plan, be noted.
2. That the transfer of the former Care Home at the Birches in Shefford (once fully vacated) from the Council’s General Fund to the HRA, at a transfer value of £1.15M, be approved.
3. That the Landlord Business Investment Plan, which proposes HRA investment throughout the Council area, be approved.
4. That the HRA Revenue Budget for 2018/19 and the Landlord Business Plan summary at Appendices A and B to the Executive report, be approved.
5. That the 2018/19 to 2021/22 HRA Capital Programme at Appendix C to the Executive report, be approved.
6. That the average rent decrease of 1% for Council tenancies for 2018/19 in line with the national rental decrease, be approved.
Report author: Denis Galvin
Publication date: 08/02/2018
Date of decision: 06/02/2018
Decided at meeting: 06/02/2018 - EXECUTIVE
- Housing Revenue Account Budget (Landlord Business Plan) PDF 81 KB
- Appendix A - Housing Revenue Account - 30yr HRA Business Plan Summary PDF 37 KB
- Appendix B - Housing Revenue Account - 6yr HRA Business Plan Summary PDF 34 KB
- Appendix C - Housing Revenue Account - Capital MTFP PDF 70 KB
- Appendix D - Housing Revenue Account - Housing Service Budget Assumptions PDF 11 KB