Issue - meetings
Determination of the Council's Admission Arrangements for the Academic Year 2018/19
Meeting: 07/02/2017 - EXECUTIVE (Item 109)
Determination of the Council’s admission arrangements for the academic year 2018/19.
- Appendix 1 - Determined Lower, Primary and Middle 2018-19 co-ordinated scheme, item 109 PDF 62 KB
- Appendix 2 - Determined Secondary and Upper 2018-19 co-ordinated scheme, item 109 PDF 56 KB
- Appendix 3 - Determined Community and VC Schools Admission policy and PANs 2018-19, item 109 PDF 38 KB
- Appendix 4 - Determined Measuring Point for Shefford Lower (War Memorial), item 109 PDF 335 KB
- Appendix 5a - Priority Areas for Fairfield Park Lower Catchment Area 2018, item 109 PDF 275 KB
- Appendix 5b - Measuring Point for Fairfield Park Lower 2018, item 109 PDF 186 KB
- Appendix 6 - Confirmation of Religious Affiliation Multi Form, item 109 PDF 46 KB
- Background Paper - Equality Impact Assessment - Admission Arrangements 2018-19, item 109 PDF 68 KB
That the admission arrangements for community and voluntary schools for the academic year 2018/19 including the authority’s co-ordinated scheme and religious affiliation supplementary information form, be approved.
The Executive considered a report from the Executive Member for Education and Skills that sought approval to determine the Admission Arrangements for 2018/19 for community and voluntary controlled schools for which the Council was responsible. There were proposed changes to the following two schools:
· Shefford Lower School – proposal to move the measuring point of the school; and
· Fairfield Park Lower School – proposal for the creation of priority areas within the catchment area of the school and moving the measuring point.
Concerns had been raised through the consultation about the safety of children walking to the new site at Fairfield Park Lower School. The Executive Member explained that as part of the planning approval for the new site, conditions had been put in place that included measures to mitigate traffic and road safety issues. The Executive Member for Community Services confirmed that he would follow up on the road safety measures. Also there had been concerns about the priority for catchment siblings being split over two sites. The school’s governing body had amended the school’s catchment sibling criterion to mitigate these concerns.
Reason for decision: To enable the Council to meet its statutory obligations to determine its admission arrangements for the academic year 2018/19.
that the admission arrangements for community and voluntary schools for the academic year 2018/19, including the authority’s co-ordinated scheme and religious affiliation supplementary information form, be approved.