Agenda and decisions
Venue: The Community Room, Asda Biggleswade Superstore, Church Street, Biggleswade, SG18 0JS
Contact: Maria Brooks 0300 300 5783
To receive from Members any declarations of interest.
To seek approval for the implementation of a zebra crossing to be sited outside number 51 and 104 Shortmead Street, Biggleswade.
That the proposal to implement a zebra crossing in Shortmead Street, Biggleswade be implemented as published:
1) A zebra crossing be sited at the following location in place: Outside Numbers 51 & 104 Shortmead Street, Biggleswade, SG18 0DB, at a point approximately 5 meters north of its junction with Brunts Lane.
To note the receipt of a petition submitted to Central Bedfordshire Council and discuss a way forward.
1) That the petition be noted.
2) That the reduction in the speed limit to 30mph within Haynes, Church End is not supported as it is unlikely to trigger the desired reduction in vehicle speeds or is deliverable at a cost that is acceptable to the Council.
3) That Officers work with Haynes Parish Council as part of the Rural Match Funding scheme to consider what measures can be introduced in Haynes, Church Street to reduce average speeds in the vicinity of residential properties.
4) That Officers work with Cllr A Baker to review options for measuring / mitigating adverse traffic impacts on Church End as a consequence of planned housing growth.
5) The lead petitioner be informed of the outcome of this meeting.