Agenda and decisions
Venue: Committee Room 1, Watling House, High Street North, Dunstable
Contact: Sandra Hobbs 0300 300 5257
To receive from Members any declarations of interest.
To receive any questions, statements or deputations from members of the public in accordance with the Procedure as set out in Part A4 of the Constitution.
The report sets out the representations received by the Council to the statutory proposals to extend age ranges at one Community Lower School in Houghton Regis and one Voluntary Aided Lower School in Dunstable.
1) That the procedures established by The Education and Inspections Act 2006 (EIA 2006) and The School Organisation (Prescribed Alterations to Maintained Schools) (England) Regulations 2007 (as amended by The School Organisation and Governance (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2007 and The School Organisation and Governance (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2009 be noted and have been complied with in bringing forward the proposals outlined in the report.
2) That the representations received in respect of the St Mary’s VA Lower School proposal attached at Appendix C, to the statutory notice as set out in Appendix B, issued on the 22 October 2012 under Section 19(3) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 for St Mary’s Catholic VA Lower School, be noted.
3) That no representations were received in respect of the Houghton Regis Lower Schoo proposal, be noted.
4) That the statutory proposals to extend the age ranges of the following two schools to become 3-11 Primary schools, with effect from September 2013 be approved:
· Houghton Regis Lower School to provide 315 places in the main school for pupils aged 5-11, with a published admission number of 45, plus provision for 52 part time nursery places; and
· St Mary’s Catholic VA Lower School to provide 210 places in the main school for pupils aged 5-11, with a published admission number of 30, plus provision for 52 part time nursery places.