Fees & Charges Policy 2018-2021 and proposed Fees and Charges 2018
- Meeting of CORPORATE RESOURCES OVERVIEW & SCRUTINY COMMITTEE, Thursday, 21 September 2017 10.00 a.m. (Item 40.)
- View the background to item 40.
To consider and comment on the revised Central Bedfordshire Council Charging Policy 2018 – 2021 and the proposed Fees & Charges pricing schedule for January 2018.
The Assistant Director Finance delivered a report that detailed proposed changes to Fees and Charges from January 2018, the rationale behind the pricing options available and the advisory 2.3% price increase in line with the current inflation figure. Members were informed the fees and charges were based on figures to recover costs incurred and did not generate a profit. Any increase over and above the advisory 2.3% would be considered and would need to be agreed by the Executive and ratified by full Council. Proposed increases outside of the framework had been identified in the report along with charges that reflected a zero increase, confirmed as cost reflective and at the maximum level of charge.
A Member queried the frequency of use of some charges against the costs for those services and was advised that a project had been arranged to look at this area and to subsequently introduce a major overhaul of fees and charges over the next two years.
The Committee considered whether 2.3% was an appropriate increase when 2.9% was the new inflation figure. The majority of Members supported a figure of 2.9%..
· To Executive that an inflationary increase of 2.9% be applied to fees and charges
· Details of the fees and charges project be provided to the Committee in March 2018.
Cllr Barker requested that her disapproval of the 2.9% increase be recorded.
- Corporate Resources OSC Fees Charges, item 40. PDF 11 KB
- Appendix A - Fees Charges - CMT Report, item 40. PDF 36 KB
- Appendix B - CBC Fees and Charges Policy 2017-18, item 40. PDF 81 KB
- Appendix C - Adult Social Care January 2018, item 40. PDF 37 KB
- Appendix D - Community Services January 2018 Discretionary, item 40. PDF 198 KB
- Appendix E - Community Services January 2018 Statutory, item 40. PDF 74 KB
- Appendix F - Building Control January 2018 Statutory, item 40. PDF 61 KB
- Appendix G - Planning January 2018 Statutory, item 40. PDF 50 KB
- Appendix H - Pre-App Advice and MineralsWaste Jan18 Non-Statutory, item 40. PDF 49 KB
- Appendix I - Resources (incl Registration Services) Jan18 Discretionary, item 40. PDF 65 KB
- Appendix J- Resources (incl Registration Services) Jan18 Statutory, item 40. PDF 58 KB
- Appendix K - Chief Executive Photocopying Jan18 Non-Statutory, item 40. PDF 37 KB