Appointment of Members, Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen to Committees and other Council Bodies 2017/18
- Meeting of Annual Meeting, COUNCIL, Thursday, 18 May 2017 6.30 p.m. (Item 9.)
- View the background to item 9.
The report outlines the requirements for appointments to committees and other Council bodies, including political proportionality. Nominations from Group Leaders will be circulated separately (Appendices B-D).
(Attached at pages 11 to 22)
The Council considered a report outlining the requirements for Member appointments to committees and other Council bodies, including taking account of political proportionality.
1. that the Council confirms for the municipal year 2017/18:
(a) the structure, size and terms of reference of the committees, sub-committees and joint committees set out in sections D1, E2 and J2 of the Council’s Constitution; and
(b) the allocation of seats and substitutes to these and other bodies, as listed in Appendix A to the report, in accordance with the political balance rules where they apply.
2. that the appointment of individual Members and substitutes to committees and other bodies be approved in accordance with the nominations submitted by the political groups, as attached at Appendix A to the minutes;
3. that the appointment of at least 1 Member of the Council to the Central Bedfordshire Health and Wellbeing Board be approved, as attached at Appendix B to the minutes;
4. that the appointment of the Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of committees for the municipal year 2017/18 be approved in accordance with nominations as set out at Appendix C to the minutes;
5. to note that the following persons had been appointed to the Children’s Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee as co-opted members with voting rights on education matters for the period May 2015 to the Annual Council Meeting in May 2019:
(a) Debbie Main, NORES (supporting Catholic education)
(b) David Morton, Church of England Diocesan
(c) Stephen Court, School Parent Governor
(d) Gillian Deans, School Parent Governor
(e) Emily Rowlands, School Parent Governor
- Appointment of Members, Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen to Committees and other Council Bodies 2017/18, item 9. PDF 16 KB
- Appendix A - Appointment of Members, Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen to Committees and other Council Bodies 2017/18, item 9. PDF 16 KB
- Appendix B - Nominations for Committees Seats, item 9. PDF 12 KB
- Appendix C - Health and Wellbeing Board Membership, item 9. PDF 14 KB
- Appendix D - Nomination of Chairmen and Vice Chairmen of Committees 2017.18, item 9. PDF 3 KB
- Appendix A to the minutes - Membership of Committees 2017.18, item 9. PDF 66 KB
- Appendix B to the minutes - Appointments HWB, item 9. PDF 55 KB
- Appendix C to the minutes - Chairmen and Vice Chairmen 2017.18, item 9. PDF 40 KB
- Appendix D to the minutes - Composition of the Executive 2017.18, item 9. PDF 88 KB