Planning Application No. CB/18/02232/FULL (Stotfold & Langford)
- Meeting of DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE, Wednesday, 7 November 2018 10.00 a.m. (Item 88.)
- View the background to item 88.
Address: Land to the South of, Arlesey Road, Stotfold,
Nearest Postcode: SG5 4HE
Erection of 161 dwellings with 35% Affordable Housing, including an access road, landscaping and all associated ancillary works on land to the south of Arlesey Road.
Applicant: Linden Limited & All Land Investments (Stotfold) Limited
The Committee had before it a report regarding Planning Application No. CB/18/02232/FULL for erection of 161 dwellings with 35% affordable housing, including an access road, landscaping and all ancillary works at land to the south of Arlesey Road, Stotfold, nearest postcode SG5 4HE
In advance of consideration of the application the Committee’s attention was drawn to additional consultation/publicity responses/additional comments and additional/amended conditions as set out in the Late Sheet as well as representations from public speakers.
The public speakers included a representation in objection from Town Councillor Brian Collier, a representation in objection from Tim Poulston and a representation on behalf of the applicant in support from Nick Laugharne.
Committee Members discussed the following points:
• Members discussed local concern around a parking issues within this area, particularly around school dropping off and picking up times. The Highways Officer reported he did not see the application would add to this as the homes would be located as such, children would walk to school. He added that a task force had previously looked into the matter and proposed a parking ban around these times. Congestion to the nearby A507 was also discussed, the Planning Officer added that there would be no serious threat to highways safety, therefore that would not be a consideration for refusal of the application.
• A Ward Member voiced concerns over sustainability of the development, stating lack of amenity and waiting times in the local surgery along with the loss of the major employer within the area. It was noted that the employer was looking to relocate within the village. The Planning Officer added that the development was seen as sustainable from a planning perspective and did not represent over development within the area and it would contribute £1.8m towards education.
• It was noted that the number of houses proposed in Stotfold was significantly higher than the original number specified in the 2009 core development strategy. Members noted that new planning policies, housing supply demands and different policy contexts have contributed to this rise, along with the NPPF standpoint to encourage housing growth.
• A discussion was had around clarity of funding to a free school. Although free schools are funded via the ESFA, it was agreed that it was only right and proper that the developer make a contribution via S106 to education and weight should be given to the developer agreeing to those conditions.
• Members agreed to add an informative with regards to Public Art provision.
• Members discussed condition 5 which addressed the lighting plan and asked that LED lights consistent with what is already used be specified.
• Members asked that a wearing course be conditioned.
• Members asked that condition 18 for electric vehicle charging points for each dwelling be amended to include public charging points.
• Members agreed to move as set out with the additions of conditions and amended conditions as set out in the late sheet, the addition of a specification of LED lights in condition 5, the addition of a condition for a wearing course, the amendment to condition 18 include public charging points and the added Public Art provision informative.
On being put to the vote for APPROVAL, 11 voted in favour, 0 against and 1 abstention.
That the Planning Application No. CB/18/02232/FULL at land to the south of Arlesey Road, Stotfold, nearest postcode SG5 4HE, be approved as set out in the schedule attached to these minutes.
- Item 5 - 18.02232 Map, item 88. PDF 466 KB
- Item 5 - 18.02232.Full Report, item 88. PDF 178 KB
- Item 5 - schedule, item 88. PDF 64 KB