Planning Application No. CB/18/03395/FULL (Houghton Conquest & Haynes)
Address: Land at Chapel End Road, Houghton Conquest, MK45 3LL
Erection of 37 dwellings and associated development
Applicant: Kier Living
(Note: The map for this item is to follow).
The Committee had before it a report regarding Planning Application No. CB/18/03395/FULL for the erection of 37 dwellings at Chapel End Road, Houghton Conquest, MK45 3LL.
In advance of consideration of the application the Committee’s attention was drawn to additional consultation, additional comments and amended conditions as set out in the Late Sheet as well as representations from public speakers.
The Officer advised the members that contributions were only sought for the additional 20 dwellings, the obligations for the other 17 were to be secured in accordance with the original agreement. The following contributions were sought:
Village hall improvements
Proposed GP surgery
The public speakers included a representation from Ian Mitchell as the applicant in support.
Committee Members discussed the following points:
• Members asked the applicant for clarity around the compliance of the parking arrangements due to highways concerns as detailed in the officer’s report. It was reported that the visitors parking would be on private areas of the road run by a management company and not on the highways land. The planning officer noted there was not a quantum compliance issue as there was enough spaces planned, it was where they were situated. It was discussed and reported that this issue was addressed in the amended condition 2 as set out in the late sheet. It was noted that although the report sets out a number of highways concerns, the highways officer did not raise any on the site visit attended by Members.
• Members were keen to ensure nomination rights for the bungalows would be maintained. The applicant responded that there was a Registered Provider agreed to take the additional units should the Committee be minded to approve. The Planning Officer added that this could be an informative to the applicant.
• On further discussion on highways concerns (Condition 3 in the highways recommendation section of the officer’s report), it was agreed that removal of permitted development rights on garages should be a condition.
• Members discussed concerns relating to the density of the additional dwelling site, the planning officer reported that the net density of the area of additional dwellings had grown from 19 dwellings per hectare to 40 dwellings per hectare, but when looking at the site as a whole, it had only increased from 14.9 dwellings per hectare to 17.3 dwellings per hectare which was a low density over all. It was noted by a Member that this was efficient use of the site and the dwellings already built were to a high quality and architectural style and expected that this be continued with the dwellings proposed
• It was noted that the S106 infrastructure contributions had not yet been agreed with the applicant but approval of the scheme would be dependent on a legal agreement to include necessary financial contributions towards the identified infrastructure projects, to mitigate the needs arising from the development.
• Members agreed to move as set out with the additions of a condition to removed the permitted development rights of the garages and an informative to the applicant about the Councils request to retain nomination rights.
On being put to the vote for APPROVAL, 11 voted in favour, 0 against and 2 abstentions.
That the Planning Application No. CB/18/03395/FULL at Chapel End Road, Houghton Conquest, MK45 3LL, be approved as set out in the schedule attached to these minutes.
- 07 18.03395.Map, item 116. PDF 156 KB
- 07 18.03395 Report, item 116. PDF 135 KB
- Item 7 - DN 03395, item 116. PDF 63 KB