Issue - decisions
Final Budget 2018/19 and Medium Term Financial Plan
1. To note the consultation responses from Overview & Scrutiny as set out in Appendix J to the report and the public and stakeholders as set out in Appendix A(i) to the Executive report.
2. To authorise the Leader, Deputy Leader, Chief Executive and S151 Officer to make any necessary amendments to the budget in the event of changes resulting from the final Local Government Financial Settlement.
3. To note the Council Tax Base as set out in Appendix H to the Executive report.
4. To note that certain efficiency proposals identified in Appendix D(ii) to the Executive report will be subject to formal consultation and Equality Impact Assessments in the coming months and instruct the Corporate Management Team to propose alternative compensatory savings if it appears, following a review of the outcome of the consultation and Equality Impact Assessment, that any specific proposal cannot be delivered.
RECOMMENDED to Council
1. That the Revenue Budget for 2018/19 and the Medium Term Financial Plan for 2018/19 to 2021/22 be approved.
2. That in line with the Government guidance, the following increases in Council tax (CBC element) for residents of Central Bedfordshire:
(a) a Band D increase of £21.24, representing a 1.494% increase on the charge for 2017/18; and
(b) a Band D increase of £42.66, representing a 3.0% increase on the charge for 2017/18, reflecting a precept of this amount to help fund adult social care costs.
In total the Band D increase will be £63.90, representing a 4.494% increase in the charge for 2017/18. The CBC element of Band D Council Tax for 2018/19 will therefore be £1,485.78.