Issue - decisions
Flitwick Station Area Regeneration
1. That the progress made towards enabling the regeneration of Flitwick Station site and car park since this matter was last considered by the Executive in April 2017 be noted, including:
· Preparation of provisional Heads of Terms with a major retail anchor for the scheme.
· The completion of a public consultation exercise between the 31st July and the 13th September which has demonstrated broad support for the scheme objectives and priorities as set out in the report considered by the Executive in April 2017.
· The preparation of a Memorandum of Understanding with Network Rail and Govia Thameslink Railways Ltd for the purpose of supporting partnership work towards scheme delivery.
· Commencement of detailed design work for the Transport Interchange as funded by Network Rail’s National Station Improvement Programme (NSIP).
· The further refinement and improvement of the draft concept scheme based on the market view of proposed uses, including testing of likely construction costs and revenue generating potential.
2. That the recommended mechanism be supported, as outlined in Part 5 (B), paragraph 57 for delivering the scheme and its benefits, namely a development partnership. Executive approval will be sought in future on key decisions in line with the Council’s Constitution.
3. That the Council’s bids to the Government’s competitive Housing Infrastructure Fund (HIF) for £5.3M and Accelerated Construction Fund for £0.8M be noted. The purpose of these bids is to support housing provision within the scheme through delivery of site infrastructure. This may include the funding of new access roads, junction improvements, public transport interchange and potentially step free access to all station platforms. A decision on which funding bids will be supported is expected in early 2018.
4. Note that the Council will be lobbying Government for additional financial support via Network Rail’s next investment plan (2019 to 2024) for the purpose of providing step free access at Flitwick station.