Issue - decisions
Billington Gypsy and Traveller Sites
1. That the results from the consultation be noted.
2. To authorise the Director of Community Services to continue to co-ordinate robust action under planning, licensing, environmental health, community safety, housing and other relevant powers to bring the sites up to the following standards:
· Compliant with planning and licensing regulations
· Safe and well maintained
· Well managed and accessible to the authorities.
3. That in the event that resolution 2 (above) does not bring the sites up to standard, Officers will bring a recommendation to the Executive, to acquire Greenacres and The Stables using a Compulsory Purchase Order.
4. That the estimated costs of £9m be included in the Council’s Medium Term Financial Plan, to fund the Council’s original proposal to acquire the site and build a new Council owned and managed facility.