Issue - decisions
Waste Collection & Street Cleansing- Service Design and Delivery Method
1. That a consultation on the following possibilities related to the Council’s kerbside waste collection scheme be approved:
· the containment of materials – additional boxes and caddies;
· the collection of additional recyclable materials – glass and food waste;
· the collection of residual (black bin) waste – 3 weekly collections; and
· the collection of green (garden) waste – charging for the service.
2. That the procurement procedure rules be suspended to allow a maximum of up to 9 months extension to the current Waste Collection & Street Cleansing contracts.
3. To authorise the procurement of recycling treatment and disposal services for kerbside collected dry recycling and to authorise the Director of Community Services, in consultation with the Executive Member for Community Services and the Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Corporate Resources, to award the contract.