Issue - decisions
Potton Hall for All
1. On receipt of a transfer notice from the developer, and to the timescale described in the S106 Agreement for land on the east side of Biggleswade Road, Potton, that the receipt of up to 0.52 ha of the community hall land on behalf of Potton Town Council for the purpose defined in the 2014 S106 Agreement for land east of Biggleswade Road, Potton, be approved.
2. Subject to Potton Town Council and the Hall for All group confirming that the community building is fully funded, allocate the S106 funding which has been secured for the purposes of developing a Community Building from the Land east of Biggleswade Road (£579,132) and 64, Biggleswade Road (£179,859) developments, to Potton Town Council, to part fund the Hall for All community building.
3. Request Potton Town Council to confirm greater commitment to the realisation of the community building. Authorise the Directors of Regeneration and Community Services, in consultation with the relevant Executive Members, to make any further decisions regarding the transfer of the Community Hall Land and S106 funding to Potton Town Council. This should include ensuring a restrictive covenant is placed on the land for a community building or its use as public open space.
4. That the S106 funding to Potton Town Council, upon receipt of evidence showing that full funding has been secured, be approved. This evidence must be provided within 2 years of the last S106 payment being received and the S106 money must be profiled in a Funding Plan to finance the final construction phase of the community building in Potton secured from future developments in Potton; and
5. To request that Potton Town Council and the CBC ward Members for Potton confirm to Central Bedfordshire Council that the reallocation of S106 funding detailed in the report to fund the Potton Hall for All community building is in line with their priorities for the use of S106 for the Town.